These little meat balls are deliciously full of flavour – the lemon zest adds a lovely freshness and counters the garlic beautifully. I always encourage to make double the recipe for freezing. You then have the basis for some speedy late night meals.
I served these in the centre of the table along with a bunch of flat bread, mixed chopped herbs, finely chopped purple cabbage, yoghurt and my home made beetroot dip.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of thyme leaves
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pine seeds, optional
- 1 small egg
- 500g lamb mince
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Mix the above ingredients well and shape into small balls.
- Place on a parchment lined tray and bake for about 20 mins.