Soft squidgy and delicious, it is also refined sugar and wheat flour free. This makes a perfect addition to the kids lunch box. The winner for me with this recipes is there is no need to cook the beet beforehand! The steps are very straight forward and require very little effort!. What more could you want? If time is of the essence, this little bake will hold its own without the topping!
1 whole large beetroot, grated
454 gm of almond butter
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
3/4 cup of Rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
150gm of crème fraiche or sour cream
1/4 of vanilla bean scraped
1 tablespoon of ricemalt syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and Line a 8X8 tin with baking paper.
2. Wash and scrub the beetroot well, then grate into a small bowl
3. Place the almond butter and eggs in large bowl and beat with a stand mixer
or hand mixer, until smooth and creamy. Then add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, if using. Mix until all the ingredients are combined
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour into prepared baking tray and bake for 45 mins to 1 hour or when a skewer comes out clean.
While the brownies are baking make the crème fraiche mixture. Place the crème fraiche, vanilla bean and rice malt syrup in a bowl and whisk until ingredients are well combined and smooth and creamy.
Let it cool completely in the tray ( about an hour).
Slice the brownies into squares and top with crème fraiche mixture.