This salad is a combination of some of my favourite ingredients that also happen to work together like magic. There’s a bit of the salty/sweet thing happening which I think makes a meal so much more appealing. Pomegranates (or jewels as my daughter calls them), adds great zest and tang and partly responsible for the hit of “sweet”.
This is a really delicious, healthy and sustaining salad that pops with so much flavour.
- 2 pieces of hot smoked salmon or trout, broken roughly into pieces
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- handful each of chopped parsley and coriander
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 or 3 tablespoons pomegranate kernels
- scattering of peanuts
- cup very lightly steamed broccoli
- 100g fetta
- 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar
- good tsp honey honey
- good tsp whole grain mustard
- For the salad, gently place the above ingredients into a large bowl and fold gently together. Place into serving bowls and top with dressing. For the dressing, place the above ingredients into a jar and shake until emulsified.