The best thing about this porridge is the vibrant orange colour! Anything this colourful must be good for you, right? The next time I make this I think I’ll add a little beet juice. I also added a little orange and lemon juice for tang, if you do that be sure to add only a plant based milk, such as coconut or almond milk, the citrus will make dairy milk curdle.
I added cashews, blueberries and pecans to mine but whatever you have in the pantry that will add a little crunch is perfect.
- 2 cups fresh juiced carrot and ginger juice
- 200g oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbls maple syrup
- 1/2 roasted pecans, or almonds, or cashews or combo of all 3
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- anything you have in your pantry for garnish
- Add the oats, carrot and ginger juice, and approx. 1 cup water to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook to your liking.
- To serve, divide porridge among bowls top with maple syrup and nuts.
- I also added juice of 1 orange and half lemon, and used coconut milk instead of dairy milk.