Chocolate fudge self saucing pudding
Write a review
- 325ml self-raising flour
- 45ml cocoa powder
- 125ml sugar
- 100g butter, melted
- 180ml milk
- 1 large free range egg
- 50g marshmallows
For the sauce
- 180ml dark brown sugar
- 30ml cocoa powder, sifted
- 325ml boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a large oven-proof baking dish.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- Combine butter, milk and egg in a jug. Slowly add to the flour mixture, whisking until well combined and smooth.
- Transfer to the baking dish, smoothing over the top. Press the marshmallows into the chocolate batter.
- To make the sauce: sprinkle combined sugar and cocoa over the marshmallows, then slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding. • Place dish onto a baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes and serve hot.
The Sassy Cook http://www.thesassycook.com/