Please don’t let the long list of ingredients deter you from this recipe. It’s a case of putting most of the ingredients in a blender and off you go with the other bits and pieces. Maximum flavour, with minimal input!. Go for it…..
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp KEEN’S curry
• 1 tbsp mustard seeds
• 1 stalk of fresh curry leaves, leaves picked
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 2 tsp garam masala
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 tbsp ginger
• 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 4 cups fish stock
• ½ cup basmati rice
• 400g can coconut milk
• 300g white firm fish, cut into chunks
• 12 raw prawn tails
• ½ cup lemon juice
• 1 cup coriander chopped
• salt and ground pepper
1. Put your curry powder, mustard seeds, curry leaves, cumin, garam masala, onion, garlic, ginger and chilli in a blender and blend to a paste. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the paste and cook for 1-2 minutes until its filling your kitchen with all those lovely aromatic scents.
2. Pour in the stock and add the rice, bring to the boil and reduce heat to a simmer cook for 15 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and cook for a further 10 minutes.
5. Add the fish and prawns, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the fish and prawns are cooked through.
6. Stir through lemon juice and coriander, season to taste with salt and pepper.