I’ve been in Queensland for the last couple of weeks and felt inspired by the amazing tropical produce to whip up a couple of cakes for some friends coming over this afternoon. I’m staying at my mother in laws beach house literally on the beach and used what produce I could find in her kitchen….wholemeal flour, coconut milk, brown sugar, eggs and an abundance of fresh succulent mangoes.
3 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar + 1 table spoon extra
1/2 cup oil
1 400ml can coconut milk
1 mango – sliced
Grease a cake pan and pre heat oven to 180 deg.
1. Add flour and sugar to a large bowl
2. Beat eggs until light and fluffy
3. Add can of coconut milk and oil
4. Gently fold wet ingredients to dry until just mixed
5. Fill cake pan with mix. Top with mango slices, then dust with extra sugar.
6. Place in oven for about 3/4 hour and test after that with a cake skewer. It may need an extra 5 mins.