125g unsalted butter, chopped
150g dark chocolate melts
125g plain flour
125g Demerara sugar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 large free range eggs
2 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg.
2. In a small saucepan melt together butter and chocolate
3. In a separate large bowl beat eggs, sugar and golden syrup together with a wooden spoon until combined.
Gently fold in sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda. Continue to gently fold in chocolate mixture.
4. Pour into a 23cm square baking pan that has been well greased.
5. Bake in a medium oven for approximately 15 – 20 mins minutes.
6. Leave to cool slightly then dust with cocoa or icing sugar, cut into even squares and serve with cream or ice cream.