Grain free vegie muffins
Write a review
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of melted butter or coconut oil (cooled slightly)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Fresh pepper ground
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup of red capiscum chopped finely
- 1 meduim onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chives sliced thinly
- Crumbed fetta or shredded cheese
- Chopped vegetables – zuchini, peas, cherry tomatoes, carrots
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a standard-sized muffin tin with parchment paper muffin cups.
- Place the eggs into a blender and blend on low until they become whipped and increase in volume.
- Add the coconut flour, coconut milk, melted butter/oil, arrowroot starch, sea salt, pepper, baking soda and baking powder to the blender. Blend until the ingredients are well incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula as needed.
- Pour the batter into a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, toss in the greens, onion, capsicum together.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the lined muffin tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Top the finished muffins with chopped chives.
- Muffins will keep up to one week in the refrigerator or can also be frozen. If freezing, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- By Belinda McKenna of Sydney Heaters
The Sassy Cook http://www.thesassycook.com/