A great mid week or weekend dinner, this is so full of flavour and really easy to make. I made this dish with lamb mince but you could make it with your favourite protein. Don’t be put off by making the little meat balls, its really very quick, a 5 minute job to roll into cute little balls. There is no need to pre-cook the meatballs, once they are rolled, its just a case of placing them in the curry sauce to happily cook away. Done!
I always use fresh breadcrumbs and chop on demand in the food processor. In this case, I added the onions to the processor, chopped that up first then added the bread and finished chopping together. For this recipe, 2 slices of bread will do the trick. I served with brown rice and lots of steamed green beans.
This dish is deceptively delicious and I know you will love it.
Happy cooking xx
- 500g lean lamb mince
- approx. 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 150g Lemongrass and garlic based curry paste (or your favourite)
- 1 x 400 g can coconut milk
- 1 x 400 g chopped tomatoes
- Green beans and rice to serve
- Place the lamb mince, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garam masala and salt in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Shape into small 1 inch size meat balls. Set aside.
- In a large pan, add the spice rub and a little oil, about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon. Fry until fragrant. Add canned tomatoes and coconut milk, stir to combine.
- Gently add meat balls to coconut mixture and simmer on a very low heat, being careful not to break up the meat balls.
- Serve with rice and green beans.