These six basic fridge and pantry staples come together so beautifully to make an incredibly delicious dip, pasta sauce, salad dressing, sandwich spread, bruscetta topping……You would be surprised at how delicious it is: sweet, salty, creamy, zesty – fabulous. You will just have to try it to see what I mean. I’m happy to eat it by the spoonful!!. The recipe originally called for broad beans instead of peas and ricotta instead of cream cheese. I didn’t fancy peeling broad beans so used peas instead which provides that perfect sweet balance.
- 1.5 cups frozen peas mostly defrosted
- about 1/3 cup cream cheese
- big bunch mint leaves
- juice and zest of one lemon
- half avocado
- good pinch sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blender to your desired consistency.
- Serve with crackers, on crusty bread, pasta, potato salad or over grilled fish.