The ever faithful banana loaf. A great staple and this recipe, as with all my recipes, is a simple melt and stir bake. I have used melted butter here, but you could most certainly swap this with any oil of your choice for an equally succulent result.
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 100g chocolate chips, I like dark, but white or milk are just as good
- 190g self raising flour (white or wholemeal)
- 60ml milk
1. Grease and line a loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat. Remover from heat.
2. Add the mashed bananas, mix well then add the egg, mix well.
3. Stir in the flour and the milk. Once combined add the chocolate chips.
4. Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
5. Bake at 150 C fan oven for 45 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and devour as is or slathered with a little more butter.
Lots of love
The Sassy Cook!