If you like ginger, and not fussing around too much in the kitchen, then this is for you!
No bake chocolate, ginger and cashew slice
Write a review
- 250g packet of plain biscuits
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 65 g chocolate
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews or almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped candied ginger
- 250 g white chocolate
- beetroot powder for colour
- Grease a square pan and line with parchment.
- Finely process the biscuits in a food processer. In a medium saucepan, on a very low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter and condensed milk.
- Add the biscuit crumbs to a large bowl then add the cocoa, cashews or almonds, ginger and melted chocolate mixture. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporate. (Clean hands do the job well).
- Place into the prepared pan and chill.
- Meanwhile melt the white chocolate in a pan on a very low heat. Once melted add the beetroot powder and swirl around. Pour over slice and chill until set.
- When set cut in small squares to serve.
The Sassy Cook http://www.thesassycook.com/