½ cup of grated beetroot
2 cups of desiccated coconut
1 cup of almond meal
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
¼ cup of rice malt syrup
1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
1 cup of coconut butter, gently melted over a bowl of boiling water until it turns to liquid.
½ cup of coconut milk
Shredded coconut for rolling the balls in.
For the red velvet:
1. Place the desiccated coconut, almond meal, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, grated beetroot and cacao powder in a food processor and blitz for a few minutes until well combined. You may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients.
2. Roll one tablespoon of the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to harden a little, about an hour.
For the coconut coating
1. Place the melted coconut butter in the food processor with the coconut milk. Pour the mixture in a bowl.
2. Using 2 fork, dip each ball into the coconut mixture to coat, then roll in the shredded coconut.
3. Refrigerate the truffles for 1 hour or until they are set.
These will last 2-3 days in the fridge or 2 weeks in the freezer.
Contributed by www.theorangepantry.com.au