Serves about 6
12 chicken drumsticks
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 T honey
2 T brown sugar
1 ½ T sherry or white wine vinegar
1 ½ T soy sauce
1 T Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ t ground ginger
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 180deg. Score each leg 2-3 times with a sharp knife. Place into a large bowl.
2. Mix together all the other ingredients in a jug and pour over chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
3. Place the drumsticks in a roasting dish and brush with the marinade.
4. Bake for about ½ hour to 45 mins depending on the heat of your oven, basting regularly. Cover loosely with foil if your oven is too hot.
5. Prick chicken with a skewer and if the juices run clear the chicken is ready.