These yoghurt and fruit based ice blocks are great for a summer breakfast, that’s if you skip the chocolate, caramel popcorn and all the candy confetti!! I made these for an article in the news paper on cooking with kids over the summer holidays. As you can see, my kids didn’t hold back any with the decorating!
My kids (and me too!) love these for breakfast, its simply a matter of layering three ingredients: yoghurt, blueberries and granola. Doesn’t get easier :).
- 250g Sweetened vanilla yoghurt
- about 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Toppings if you wish
- melted chocolate
- caramel popcorn
- popping candy
- Grab your icecream moulds, alternate layers of yoghurt, blueberries and granola, ending with a dusting of granola which adds a great looking based to the ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- If you wish, decorate frozen ice blocks with melted chocolate and assorted toppings.
- If you don't have ice cream moulds, simply grab a small cup or container, fill as above, place foil over the top of the container, then insert your paddle pop stick through the foil. The foil with hold the stick in place until the contents freeze.