Yummy Lunchbox Lamb Pastries
Write a review
- 1 pack of pastry, defrosted
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 350g lamb mince
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Beaten egg, to brush
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Cut four 12cm circles from pastry. Transfer to a lined baking tray. Chill while you make filling.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat, then cook the onion, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until starting to soften. Add mince and spices and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes until meat is browned. Season, add mint and tomato, then remove from heat and cool.
- Divide lamb among pastry, spooning it over half of each circle and leaving a 1cm border. Brush edges with egg, and then fold over to form parcels. Press edges to seal, decorate with pastry offcuts if desired, then brush all over with egg and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely before packing.
- By Belinda McKenna of Sydney Heaters
The Sassy Cook http://www.thesassycook.com/